- 1 hour ago
"They had waited for fifteen years.
Their first meeting burned brightly in their memories long afterward. But it was somewhat easier for Jenn McDonald to remember Michael Massey: the young rebel had since become Mayor of Toronto!”
WHAT IS THIS I NEED THIS BOOK IN MY EYEBALLS NOW
My friend claims to have it in stock in his bookstore. You guys cannot possibly understand how much I need to read this.
- 2 hours ago
In other news, I finally found out what that vape thing you kids are always talking about is.
- 16 hours ago
free-pizza-for-life tagged me so here goes:
1. My brainwaves while asleep are similar to those of the brainwaves of a person who is awake. Confirmed by science! Note that this is apparently not a good thing no matter how cool I think having a brain that technically doesn’t shut off is.
2. I once had dinner with Julius and Ethel Rosenberg’s son and a bunch of Trots at the Pickle Barrel and when the host asked, “how many people are in your party?” everyone started giggling and saying things like, “THE ENTIRE WORKING CLASS WE HOPE.”
3. I am really difficult to Google under my real name. This is on purpose.
4. I’m pretty confident and sociable in real life but on Tumblr I sometimes feel like Rik in that one episode of The Young Ones where he’s like, “Hands up, who likes me?”
5. I crack up at dick jokes. You probably knew that.
6. I put hot sauce on everything. Except baking.
7. I once worked for Yahoo! checking their search optimization, which meant quite a bit of seeing if the porn that came up was the right kind of porn. So I actually got paid for looking at porn all day, but not in a fun way.
8. I have an intense phobia of talking on the phone. I can do it, and frequently have to, but I sometimes need to psych myself up for days to do it.
9. It’s really hard to get me to cry at movies but I’ll tear up at musicals for some reason. Especially Les Mis. It doesn’t even need to be a good production.
10. I got in trouble in third grade for drawing a poster of the Prime Minister burning the flag, and it’s been downhill ever since.Source: free-pizza-for-life
- 21 hours ago
- 22 hours ago
- A Gender reveal party is where the parents throw a party (similar to a baby shower) to find out the gender of the baby!
- No one knows the sex of the baby (just the party planner/bakers know!)
- The gender is revealed when the parents cut the cake open and the inside color of the cake/desserts reveal if the baby will be a boy or a girl! (pink is usually used for girls, blue for boys of course!)
mine was full of wasps. HUGE WASPS.
"what’s the baby’s gender?" the eager party goers ask, crowded around the cake
slowly, the knife cuts through the first piece. “wasps.” the proud parent-to-be whispers, “wasps.”
one thousand wasps are released from the gender cake.
And now, the weather.
you know i thought this post was gonna be one of those ones i was gonna get annoyed at but this actually made me feel happy
(via jexxer)Source: thecakebar